Overview of the Positions
Our client, in the Hospitality Industry located at Syokimau, is seeking to recruit a responsible, honest and hard-working Butcher. The Butcher is expected to know how to cut, trim, and display in an attractive manner all meat, goat and chicken carcass in an attractive manner. The candidate is expected to have working knowledge of the different knives, bone saws, cleaver, and band-saw, chopping meat to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- Receiving, measuring, inspect, store and recording the quality of the meat.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter to attract customers’ attention.
- Cutting of meat and managing trims to minimize waste.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Estimate the requirements and manage timely purchases in order to maintain optimal meat stocks and other raw materials then Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, goat, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and organized work environment and comply with all health, sanitation and legal regulations
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
- Address customer complains politely and satisfactorily
- Record quantity of meat received and issued to internally and/or keep records of meat sales.
- Ensuring adequate stocking, boosting sales to meet all agreed sales targets
• Must have worked as a butcher.
• Excellent knowledge of legislative requirements
• KCSE Certificate or above
to use automated POS System
Howw to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV and a cover letter only quoting the job title on the email subject (Butcher) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th September, 2023.