Aurum Consultants Services Profile – 2020
1.1 HR Audits
A human resources audit usually involves the review of all HR policies, practices, and procedures, whether or not they are formal. It includes reviewing documents, interviewing human resources professionals from different areas of the organization, interviewing some managers at different levels of the organization, and possibly interviewing employees. Conducting an HR audit every two or three years can help a company:
• Identify policies and procedures that need to be updated for changes in the law or compliance rules
• Identify policies and procedures that are not followed and find out why
• Find out about unwritten practices and whether there are any legal risks associated with those practices
• Gauge whether procedures and practices are user friendly and what changes can be made to help assure broader compliance
• Identify opportunities for new policies or procedures that will help minimize risk
• Determine whether record-keeping practices are being followed
• Identify where additional training or communication would be helpful for compliance
Between 1 week and 4 weeks depending upon size & type of business
1.2 Employee Selection & Placement
We assist clients with selection and placement services. We provide placement services where we develop an ideal employee profile and then work to source interview candidates for a specific position. We then pre-screen applicants using behavioural interview techniques. Finally, we only send the best candidates to you for interviews. This benefits you by eliminating wasted time in interviews with less than ideal candidates and sets you up to hire right the first time.
The Process would include:-
- Recruitment and selection
- Assessing the shortlisted candidates
- Final selection for the best 3 candidates
- Pre-Employment and background testing
- Sending the pre-selected candidates to the client for final selection
Duration – 1 – 2 Weeks depending on Position
Deliverables – Report and the Final Pre-Selected Candidates for final selection by the client
1.3 Employee Journey Mapping
All employees are on a journey with their employer. Their experiences on that journey will strongly influence their attitudes and their behaviours towards each other and towards their customers. A poor employee experience will result in a poor customer experience. We can manage that employee experience and therefore influence a higher level of both customer and employee satisfaction.
Many organizations expect employees to treat customers in a way that reflects the organization’s brand promise, yet few organizations treat their own employees in a way that aligns with that brand promise. The connection between employee experience and customer experience is clear – employees deliver your brand promise and create the customer experience. As such, employees are the most important touchpoint in your organization.
We offer a training module that helps you learn a well-executed Employee Journey strategy, (Employee lifecycle; awareness-recruit-induct-develop-retain-exit) has the power to reduce employee turnover, create advocates for the organization and improve the employee engagement. The organization will benefit from higher employee loyalty and maintain its talents, which in turn leads to lower costs and will drive higher customer loyalty. This training will help you look closely at the systems you have in place in your own organizations and come up with recommendations to have a professional employee experience throughout the entire employee journey.
Duration: TBA on Client Basis
1.4 Policies and Procedures
Effective workplace policies and procedures have never been more important than in today’s challenging, ever-changing business world. It is essential for organizations to have policies and procedures developed and implemented based on best employment practices, if for no other reason than to protect your organization and its employees. Effective policies and procedures offer benefits beyond this as they provide for:
- Uniformity and consistency in decision making and operations
- Demonstration of the organization’s values
- Quick and efficient action and resolution when a problem occurs
- A framework for business planning
- The direction of the organization despite periods of change
- Assistance with performance assessment and accountability
- Clarification of functions and responsibilities
- Improved communication for employees
- An overall sense of stability and dependability to the workforce
- Employment practice-related risk management
Aurum Consultants develop both individual policies and procedures for our clients, as well as entire personnel/employee handbooks in alignment with today’s ever-changing state and employment regulations. We offer solutions to fit any organization size or need including:-
- Review of your current policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the most current regulations
- Development of individual policies and procedures to meet organizational changes
- Development of your entire Personnel/Employee Handbook for start to finish.
Aurum Consultants also provide custom training for both supervisors and employees to ensure your workforce understands its roles, responsibilities and expectations.
Dependent on the client’s requirements but timelines will be agreed
System Documentation and Training
Training is one of the most important parts of an organization’s overall strategy. It presents a prime opportunity to expand the knowledge base of all employees and should not be viewed as an expense but rather as an investment. Benefits of training are intangible and investing in training benefits both, organization and employees for a long period. Training enhances a worker level of skills, provides a sense of satisfaction which is an intrinsic motivator. Training also provides organization multi-skill employees and increases an employee commitment to their job and their organization.
Aurum Consultants offer different training programs for her clients and we exercise flexibility in tailoring programs that suit different organizational needs. Some of the programs we offer are:
- Strategic Performance Management Training
- Personal Finance training
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- HR for Non-HR managers
- Employee wellness training programs
- Employee safety at Workplace
- Communication Skills
- Change Management
- Customer Service training programs
- Time and Priority Management
TBA depending on training needs
Training Report and Certification
1.6 HR Outsourcing
We offer you a Comprehensive HR Service that gives you the freedom to focus on growth and opportunity. As your business grows, your challenges multiply. By outsourcing your HR we help you streamline processes, reduce operating costs and focus on your core business.
Aurum Consultants offer customisable outsourcing and consulting services to address your every HR need.
We can partner with your HR department to develop recruiting programs, staffing models and training programs. We can also manage your contingent workforce in a vendor-neutral environment, as well as provide operational management of entire departments while you focus on what matters most – your core business.
1.7 Job Evaluations
Job evaluation is a systematic process for defining the relative worth or size of jobs or roles within an organization in order to establish internal relativities and provide the basis for designing an equitable grade structure, grading jobs in the structure and managing relativities. We work with you to design a Job Evaluation Scheme to suit the needs of your company. Job evaluations are performed for these reasons.
• To determine what positions and job responsibilities are similar for purposes of pay, promotions, lateral moves, transfers, assignments and assigned work, and other internal parity issues.
• To determine appropriate pay or salary grades and decide other compensation issues.
• To help with the development of job descriptions, job specifications, performance standards, competencies, and the performance appraisal system.
• To assist with employee career paths, career planning and succession planning.
• To assist the employee recruiting process by having in place job responsibilities that assist in the development of job postings, the assessment of applicant qualifications, suitable compensation and salary negotiation, and other factors related to recruiting employees.
Dependent on client’s requirements but timelines will be agreed
1.8 Employee Satisfaction Surveys
Employees’ satisfaction and contentment play a vital role in the success of any business or organization. If employees are satisfied and happy with their employer and work environment, then definitely they will put their best efforts to make a business successful. Measuring employee satisfaction is very imperative for employers if they want to get quality work from their employees. This will not only build the trust of employees on their employer but protect and build up their confidence as well. Measuring employee satisfaction is also very beneficial because it makes employees feel that they are an important part of the organization.
Aurum Consultants conduct these surveys to help an organization to improve overall performance, employee retention, productivity within the organization and working environment.
Dependent on the client’s requirements but timelines will be agreed
1.9 PayRoll Administration
Whether you have one employee or over a thousand employees, every business needs to operate a payroll. The technical requirements of running a payroll are becoming ever more complex – as well as calculating net pay, tax and other deductions, the introduction of new legislation continually increases the burden placed on payroll managers. When you use our payroll services, we act as your payroll department and scale to fit with your particular business needs. Our payroll services and payroll management suits small businesses who do not have an in-house facility through to large companies who prefer to outsource the complete payroll function rather than employ specialist staff.
Some of the benefits you derive from outsourcing your payroll services to us are:-
- Timely Payroll processing as payroll is prepared and employees paid by agreed timelines
- Compliance with Kenyan Employment Laws
- Data Privacy and confidentiality as the requirement to process sensitive information is kept away from un authorized personnel
- Client’s staff handling payroll are freed up to do more profitable tasks
- Avoid the dilemma of delayed salary processing if the employee tagged with such responsibility is absent and without proper prior planning
- Processing is done on a cost-effective negotiated fixed fee according to agreed terms. In-house payroll processing can be costly.
Our outsourced Payroll services cover:-
- Advice on Kenyan labour and tax laws
- Company and employee registration with tax and statutory authorities
- Payroll computations
- Payroll reports
- Payroll reports in a format acceptable to your bank
- Payment distribution to employees accounts as per authorized final payroll
- Remittance of statutory deductions and other 3rd party deductions
Generation and distribution of payslips to individual employees in a timely manner
1.10 Team Building
Whether your priority is to energize, motivate, inspire or rebuild your team, we deliver teambuilding events that are proven to realize key benefits for your organization. Our team-building training programs come with attitude and purpose. We do not spoon feed participants; we allow them to create real working scenarios where success or failure will depend on how well people perform as a team. More often than not there is a need to network with other teams towards a common goal, but on other occasions the skills shown in a competitive activity by the most successful teams become a model for other teams to emulate, sharing best practice and increasing productivity.
Benefits of our Programs
- Build a spirit of cooperation and involvement
- Have fun with positive and motivational results
- Observe how different team roles and styles are necessary for successful teams
- Recognize the importance of time management and realistic goal setting
- Operate in systems consistent with company values
- Leverage a range of communication styles to maximize results
- See how expectations can influence outcomes
- Provide a safe and supportive learning environment
- Offer a platform to examine more specific issues such as the customer-supplier relationship, negotiation skills, sustainability or corporate social responsibility.
P.O. Box 18828 – 00500 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 721484037
© All Rights Reserved Aurum Consultants