Our client a Hospital is looking for a Head of nursing who will be responsible for overseeing the performance and effectiveness of all nursing staff under their management and maybe in charge of handing out assignments, maintaining medical records, reviewing and signing appropriate nursing procedures and practices, training and educating nurses and developing effective and cohesive nursing teams.
- Supervising the work of the nurses on their team to ensure that they have the appropriate training and direction.
- Works with doctors to prepare and follow individual care plans for each patient
- Updates the doctors regularly on progress and any changes in patients’ conditions.
- Communicating with physicians and other members of the medical team to ensure proper care is provided to patients
- Performing administrative tasks such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory records
- Reviewing patients’ charts and updating them with new information as needed
- Providing direct patient care, such as administering medications or assisting patients with bathing or dressing
- Educating patients about their conditions and treatment plans, as well as answering their questions about their care or treatment options
- BSc. In Nursing with at least 10 years of theatre nursing experience
- 5 years of experience in leadership
- Perioperative training is an added advantage
- BLS/ACLS certification
- Valid Nursing council licence